Cancer and Physical Activity CPD Seminar
This is a very unique seminar which aims to develop a learner’s knowledge and understanding of the common types of cancer but more specifically the types of treatments people may go through. We explore how these treatments can affect the body and how physical activity and exercise can help make the journey through treatment or post treatment more manageable and positive. This condition is exceptionally complex and it is our intention with the seminar to focus on how we as fitness professionals and coaches can make a person’s everyday life more enjoyable and maintain independence.
The seminar aims to:
- Overview the common types of cancer
- Explore the different types of cancer treatments and how they affect the body
- Identify the benefits of physical activity and exercise during and post treatment
- Highlight the key considerations that must be taken when exercising with this client group
- Recognise and apply health and safety considerations
Who is this seminar for?
This seminar is suitable for fitness professionals who work within exercise referral schemes or personal trainers with clients that are living with cancer or are cancer survivors. It is very important to understand that in order to safely and effectively work with this client group in a fitness environment, you need to hold a Level 4 Cancer Rehabilitation qualification.
If you are not a Level 4 Cancer Rehabilitation Instructor but would like to use this seminar for knowledge development you must ensure you remain in line with professional industry standards and insurance policies and do not practice information outside of your qualification boundaries. It is advisable to complete the appropriate pre-requisite.
What is involved in this training?
You are required to watch a video presentation and take notes as required. There is some recommended reading suggested as part of the CPD training. You will then answer a multiple choice knowledge check to evaluate the learning process and check understanding.
Length of the Seminar
This training will take approximately 2 hours to complete.
There are no formal assessments for this seminar. However, you will be asked to complete a short multiple choice questionnaire knowledge check to evaluate the learning process.
Cost of Training
This seminar costs £40.
This is a distance learning training; however, we want to ensure we support you fully throughout. If you have any learning support requirements or would benefit from receiving this material is any other format then please contact us so we can make suitable arrangements for you.
How Do I Get Started?
If you wish to pay via PayPal and gain immediate access to the seminar then follow these steps:
- Click ‘register to take this course’ and create an online account
- Once logged in, navigate back to this page and select ‘Take this course’ to be taken to the payment window.
- Alternatively, send us an email with your interest in this seminar and we will send you an invoice for payment.