Dementia & Exercise
This seminar aims to teach you about two common forms of dementia: Alzheimer’s and Vascular Dementia. Dementia training for carers and the community is going strong at the moment which is great as it is educating everyone on how to be “dementia friendly”. As fitness professionals we need to develop a better understanding of this condition and how physical activity and exercise can help individuals that are living with dementia. We have designed this seminar to provide you with the fundamental knowledge and understanding of dementia and exercise.
This seminar aims to:
- Explore the aetiology and pathophysiology of Dementia
- Understand the recent prevalence statistics in the UK
- Highlight evidence supporting physical activity and exercise for people living with Dementia
- Identify the benefits of physical activity and exercise in the prevention and management of the condition
- Identify an exercise prescription framework to ensure instructors work safely alongside their clients.
By the end of this seminar, you should feel confident and competent to start planning and adapting exercise for people with dementia.
Who is this seminar for?
This seminar is suitable for fitness professionals who work within exercise referral schemes or personal trainers with clients that living with dementia. The seminar requires a reasonable level of understanding prior to attendance therefore pre-requisites should be adhered to.
Candidates must be qualified as L3 Exercise Referral instructors. If you are not an Exercise Referral Instructor but would like to use this seminar for knowledge development you must ensure you remain in line with professional industry standards and insurance policies and do not practice information outside of your qualification boundaries. It is advisable to complete the appropriate pre-requisite.
What is involved in this training?
You are required to watch a video presentation and take notes as required. There is some recommended reading suggested as part of the CPD training. You will then answer a multiple choice knowledge check to evaluate the learning process and check understanding.
Length of the Seminar
This training will take approximately 2 hours to complete.
There are no formal assessments for this seminar. However, you will be asked to complete a short multiple choice knowledge check to evaluate the learning process.
Cost of Training
This seminar costs £40.
This is a distance learning training; however, we want to ensure we support you fully throughout. If you have any learning support requirements or would benefit from receiving this material is any other format then please contact us so we can make suitable arrangements for you.
How Do I Get Started?
If you wish to pay via PayPal and gain immediate access to the seminar then follow these steps:
- Click ‘register to take this course’ and create an online account
- Once logged in, navigate back to this page and select ‘Take this course’ to be taken to the payment window.
- Alternatively, send us an email with your interest in this seminar and we will send you an invoice for payment.