Exercise Referral CPD: Diabetes & Exercise
This seminar aims to refresh your knowledge and understanding of diabetes and exercise, enabling you to work effectively alongside individuals with diabetes mellitus.
The seminar aims to:
- Explore the aetiology and pathophysiology of Diabetes Mellitus
- Outline obesity and metabolic syndrome
- Understand the recent prevalence statistics for obesity and diabetes in the UK
- Highlight evidence supporting physical activity and exercise in the prevention and management of the condition
- Identify the benefits of physical activity and exercise in the risk reduction and management of the condition
- Identify an exercise prescription framework to ensure instructors work safely alongside their clients.
- Understand basic nutritional advice
- Recognise and apply health and safety considerations
By the end of this seminar, you should feel confident and competent to continue planning, designing and leading exercise sessions for individuals with diabetes mellitus.
Who is it for?
This seminar is suitable for fitness professionals which work within exercise referral schemes or as personal trainers with clients that are pre-diabetic or have been diagnosed with diabetes. The seminar requires a reasonable level of understanding prior to attendance.
Candidates must be qualified as L3 Exercise Referral instructors. If you are not an Exercise Referral Instructor but would like to use this seminar for knowledge development you must ensure you remain in line with professional industry standards and insurance policies and not practice information outside of your qualification boundaries. It is advisable to complete the appropriate pre-requisite.
What is involved in this training?
You are required to watch a video presentation whilst taking notes. There is some recommended reading suggested as part of the CPD training alongside supporting resources. You will then answer a multiple choice knowledge check to evaluate the learning process and check understanding.
Length of the Seminar
This training will take approximately 2 hours to complete.
There are no formal assessments for this seminar. However, you will be asked to complete a short multiple choice knowledge check to evaluate the learning process.
Cost of Training
This seminar costs £30.
This is a distance learning training; however, we want to ensure we support you fully throughout. If you have any learning support requirements or would benefit from receiving this material is any other format then please contact us so we can make suitable arrangements for you.
How Do I Get Started?
If you wish to pay via PayPal and gain immediate access to the seminar then follow these steps:
- Click ‘register to take this course’ and create an online account
- Once logged in, navigate back to this page and select ‘Take this course’ to be taken to the payment window.
- Alternatively, send us an email with your interest in this seminar and we will send you an invoice for payment.