Exercise Referral CPD: Arthritis & Exercise
This seminar aims to refresh your knowledge and understanding of arthritis and exercise, enabling you to work effectively alongside individuals who have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis.
This seminar aims to:
- Explore the aetiology and pathophysiology of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Understand the recent prevalence statistics in the UK
- Highlight evidence supporting physical activity and exercise in the management of these conditions
- Identify the benefits of physical activity and exercise
- Identify an exercise prescription framework to ensure instructors work safely alongside their clients.
By the end of this seminar you should feel confident and competent to continue planning and adapting exercise for people with arthritis.
Who is this seminar for?
This seminar is suitable for fitness professionals which work within exercise referral schemes or personal trainers with clients that live with arthritis. The seminar requires a reasonable levels of understanding prior to completion.
Candidates must be qualified as L3 Exercise Referral instructors. Only L3 Exercise Referral instructors on the REPS register will be able to receive REPS CPD points for this seminar. If you are not an Exercise Referral Instructor but would like to use this seminar for knowledge development you must ensure you remain in line with professional industry standards and insurance policies and not practice information outside of your qualification boundaries. It is advisable to complete the appropriate pre-requisite.
What is involved in this training?
You are required to watch a video presentation whilst taking notes. There is some recommended reading suggested as part of the CPD training. You will then answer a multiple choice knowledge check to evaluate the learning process and check understanding.
Length of the Seminar
This training will take approximately 2 hours to complete.
There are no formal assessments for this seminar. However, you will be asked to complete a short multiple choice knowledge check to evaluate the learning process.
Cost of Training
This seminar costs £30.
This is a distance learning training; however, we want to ensure we support you fully throughout. If you have any learning support requirements or would benefit from receiving this material is any other format then please contact us so we can make suitable arrangements for you.
Is this seminar endorsed?
This seminar has been endorsed by PD:Approval and awards 2 REPs points for those that are on the REPs register and meet the required pre-requisite.
In order to receive a REPs certificate for completion, please send a copy of your L3 GP Referral/Exercise Referral certificate to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How Do I Get Started?
If you wish to pay via PayPal and gain immediate access to the seminar then follow these steps:
- Click ‘register to take this course’ and create an online account
- Once logged in, navigate back to this page and select ‘Take this course’ to be taken to the payment window.
- Alternatively, send us an email with your interest in this seminar and we will send you an invoice for payment.