Multiple Sclerosis & Physical Activity
This seminar aims to develop or update, learner’s knowledge and understanding of Multiple Sclerosis (MS) which is an autoimmune disease that affects the brain and spinal cord.
This seminar aims to:
- Explore the aetiology and pathophysiology of Multiple Sclerosis
- Understand the recent prevalence statistics in the UK
- Identify the benefits of physical activity and exercise in the management of the condition
- Highlight evidence supporting exercise and physical activity for people living with MS
- Identify an exercise prescription framework and adaptations for exercise environments to ensure instructors and coaches work safely alongside their participants
- Highlight nutrition relating to MS
By the end of the seminar, you should feel confident and competent to work alongside people with the condition to help them participate in safe and effective exercise and physical activity.
Who is this seminar for?
This workshop is suitable for fitness professionals that work within exercise referral schemes or personal trainers with clients that have multiple sclerosis. The seminar requires a reasonable level of understanding prior to completion.
Candidates must be qualified as L3 Exercise Referral instructors. If you are not an Exercise Referral Instructor but would like to use this seminar for knowledge development you must ensure you remain in line with professional industry standards and insurance policies and not practice information outside of your qualification boundaries. It is advisable to complete the appropriate pre-requisite.
What is involved in this training?
You are required to watch a video presentation whilst taking notes. There is some recommended reading suggested as part of the CPD training. You will then answer a multiple choice knowledge check to evaluate the learning process and check understanding.
Length of the Seminar
This training will take approximately 2 hours to complete.
There are no formal assessments for this seminar. However, you will be asked to complete a short multiple choice knowledge check to evaluate the learning process.
Cost of Training
This seminar costs £30.
This is a distance learning training; however, we want to ensure we support you fully throughout. If you have any learning support requirements or would benefit from receiving this material is any other format then please contact us so we can make suitable arrangements for you.
How Do I Get Started?
If you wish to pay via PayPal and gain immediate access to the seminar then follow these steps:
- Click ‘register to take this course’ and create an online account
- Once logged in, navigate back to this page and select ‘Take this course’ to be taken to the payment window.
- Alternatively, send us an email with your interest in this seminar and we will send you an invoice for payment.