Online L3 Pre and Postnatal Exercise & Nutrition Course
This qualification is suitable for fitness professionals who would like to offer exercise sessions and classes tailored specifically for pre and postnatal (ante and post-natal) women. It is essential that you gain the knowledge and understanding to develop safe and effective sessions for each stage of pregnancy and during the postnatal period. Gaining this knowledge will improve the diversity of the clients you can work with and give your clients the peace of mind that you are suitably qualified to understand their needs during this exciting and life changing time for them.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for anyone with the passion to work with women during pregnancy and when they become new mums. Regardless of the field of fitness you are in, all instructors benefit from the knowledge delivered in this qualification. Yoga and Pilates instructors find it especially beneficial as these are forms of exercise highly recommended during pregnancy.
Learners must be aged 16+ and hold one or more of the following:
- Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing
- Level 2 Certificate in Group training
- Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training Certificate
- Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga
During this course you will cover:
- Anatomical, physiological and biomechanical changes in the pre natal and postnatal period
- The benefits of exercise and physical activity
- The barriers and concerns of physical activity and how to help clients overcome these
- The psychological impact of pregnancy and being a new mum
- The nutritional guidance you can provide
- The exercise guidelines for each trimester and the postnatal period
- How to design an individualised safe and effective exercise programme for a pre or postnatal client
This course is offered as distance online learning with the support of a mentor. You can study at a time and place that is suitable for you, making the course more accessible.
Studying will take place within our Online Learning Environment. The information is taught via a series of video presentations to replicate the classroom experience. Interactive activities and quizzes are used to check on your learning progress as you move through the units. The online learning environment is compatible with all modern devices.
You will have a personal mentor who will get in contact with you and they are there for support and guidance throughout the course.
Length of Course
It is recommended that this course will take approximately 2-3 weeks to complete. This is based on 2-3 hours of learning per day. If you are able to complete more training each day then you may be able to complete it faster; equally, if you are not able to commit 2-3 hours a day then it may take slightly longer. You are also required to submit a worksheet and case study so time to complete these should also be taken into account. A timescale will be discussed between you and your mentor to help give you an idea of course duration.
The assessments include:
- 1 worksheet
- Case study and programme design
Cost of Course
This course costs £285.
This fee includes a hard copy manual, hard copy learner achievement portfolio, resources and certificate.
PTD Hub members receive a 10% discount from all of our courses*.
Finance options available via Payl8r. View the repayment calculator and find out more here. Simply select Payl8r on the course application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
How Do I Enrol?
As long as you have the correct pre-requisite qualification, you can pay online and gain immediate access to the course materials. Just following these steps:
- Click ‘register to take this course’ and create an online account.
- Once logged in, navigate back to this page and select ‘Take this course’ to be taken to the payment window.
Once your application form has been received, you will be contacted within 24 hours by your personal mentor and an admin member who will confirm your suitability for the course and finalise confirmation. Ensure you read the terms and conditions. By purchasing this course you are agreeing to our Full Terms and Conditions and Online Booking Terms.
By the end of this course, you will be a fully qualified instructor for pre and postnatal clients, receiving a Level 3 Award in Supporting Pre and Postnatal Clients with Exercise and Nutrition (Active IQ). You will be awarded 10 CIMSPA CPD points for completion.
What will I gain by completing this course?
You will gain the accreditation stated above and open doors to a new and exciting career in the fitness industry. You will have the knowledge and competence to plan and instruct exercise programmes for women who are currently pregnant and as they become new mothers. You will have gained the knowledge to work in an unsupervised manner with clients and be able to continue to improve the health of your community.
- For iOS devices, download the free App here
- For Android devices, download the free App here
- For Windows, download the free software here
* See our terms and conditions