This qualification is designed to train learners to a professionally competent level, enabling them to plan, conduct and review programmes to address the needs of clients with low back pain. Back pain is a very prevalent condition, impacting on average 80% of adults during their lifetime. It is therefore even more important for fitness professionals to understand how to safely and effectively support clients to change their physical activity and lifestyle behaviours to aid in the management of chronic non-specific low back pain.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for experienced instructors wishing to further their career in the health and fitness sector as a specialist instructor who can address the needs of clients with low back pain.
Regardless of whether you are a personal trainer, Pilates teacher or group exercise instructor, you will meet people with low back pain and it is, therefore, good practice to enhance your knowledge and understanding to ensure you provide the safest and most effective form of exercise.
Learners must hold a recognised Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral or equivalent. Certificates must be evidenced before a place on the course can be confirmed.
During this course you will cover:
- The prevalence and classification of low back pain
- How to determine health risks associated with low back pain
- The contributing factors that lead to the development of different types of low back pain
- How to apply appropriate training approaches to plan and design physical activity and exercise programmes for clients with chronic non-specific low back pain
- How chronic non-specific low back pain, medications, psychological/sociological factors and co-morbidities affect client’s ability to exercise safely and effectively
- How to support clients to adopt healthier lifestyle behaviours as part of a programme to manage chronic non-specific low back pain
This course is offered as blended learning which requires home study using eLearning resources followed by an intensive 3 days with direct face to face learning.
A key benefit of attending this course is access to the tutor’s knowledge who is an experienced Osteopath and can provide additional and supporting information to ensure you can practically apply this knowledge to your clients.
Length of Course
It is recommended to allow for 4-6 weeks eLearning prior to attending the course. This is dependant upon the number of hours available each week to study.
You are then required to attend a venue for 3 days, 9 am – 4.30 pm.
As a guide, it will take 8-10 weeks to qualify.
The assessments include:
- 2 worksheets
- Theoretical case study – programme design, session plan, evaluation and modification report
- Observed formative assessment
- Session and self-evaluation
Cost of Course
Regular price: £499 (a 25% deposit is required upon successful confirmation to secure your space).
**SPECIAL OFFER** To launch this course we are offering a discounted price until 31st May 2019 of £469.
PTD Hub members receive a 10% discount from all of our courses*.
20th, 21st July & assessments on 10th August 2019 in Norwich.
More dates to be confirmed!
How Do I Enrol?
You can enrol by downloading the application form below (see ‘Helpful Documents’) and then send it to email@example.com
If you wish to pay for this course via PayPal then click the button at the bottom of this screen and follow the steps. Alternatively, we will send you an invoice.
REPs Points & Accreditation
By the end of this course, you will hold an Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Physical Activity and Lifestyle Strategies for Managing Low Back Pain.
This qualification enables you to gain entry on to the REPs register as a Level 4 Exercise Specialist.
What will I gain by completing this course?
You will have the knowledge and competence to plan and instruct exercise programmes for individuals living with a chronic back pain condition. You will gain the title of an exercise specialist and expand on your earning potential by accessing a new range of clients. Liaise and work alongside of other healthcare professionals to provide accessible support to a very prevalent and life impacting condition.
- For iOS devices, download the free App here
- For Android devices, download the free App here
- For Windows, download the free software here
* See terms and conditions.Need to pay for this course? Click the link to pay via PayPal: